LMU MBA Admission Requirements
A completed application consists of the following, submitted online:
- Application (online form)
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Official GMAT or GRE score (GMAT scores are sent to colleges/institutions within 20 days of your test date)
- Two years of work experience is required.
- International applicants that did not receive a high school diploma or bachelor’s degree in the United States or a foreign country where English is not the primary language must submit a TOEFL score or IELTS score
- One official copy of all transcripts
- A personal statement of no more than 2 pages (12-point font, double-spaced) that addresses why you are applying to the MBA program at this point in your career, what your short- and long-term career goals are, and why the LMU MBA is a good fit for your professional development needs.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
All applicants must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution or the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree from a foreign institution. You are required to show evidence of college-level math (either business math or intermediate algebra) before you can enroll in quantitative MBA courses.
The average GPA of admitted applicants is 3.35.
Two years of work experience is required (internships are acceptable). The average work experience of admitted applicants is four years. LMU also offers an Executive MBA program that requires 8+ years of professional experience and the ideal candidate will have management experience.
You must provide official sealed transcripts supplied by all schools you attended. This includes any coursework done at community colleges, junior colleges, extension programs, post-secondary schools and other institutions. Request official transcripts be sent via email or mail directly to:
Loyola Marymount University
Graduate Admission Office
1 LMU Drive, Charles Von der Ahe Building, Suite 235
Los Angeles, CA 90045
GMAT and GRE
We would like to see scores of 600 and above. Submit your highest GMAT score for consideration. In addition to the GMAT score, we review an applicant’s entire experience – both academic and professional.
- You may take the GRE in place of the GMAT
- Send GRE score directly to LMU, GRE code is 4403
- You should have ETS send your GMAT score to LMU, GMAT Institution Code: MSX-XN-25
- GMAT scores are sent to colleges/institutions within 20 days of your test date
- LMU will consider GMAT scores that are below average if other application submissions indicate a strong performance profile
You may defer your acceptance for a maximum of one year. After one year, you must reapply. Admission is not guaranteed at a later time.
While our priority application deadlines for spring (January) 2020 admission have passed, the admission committee will still consider complete applications as long as space remains available in the incoming class. Contact Dustin Cornwell, Senior Director, MBA/MS Programs, if you would like to apply for spring 2020 admission.
We have several upcoming deadlines for fall (August) 2020 admission. Applications are reviewed as they are received, and applicants should expect to receive an admission decision within one month of submitting a complete application. Remaining deadlines for Fall 2020:
- January 6, 2020
- March 6, 2020: Priority deadline for scholarship consideration.
- May 6, 2020: Final deadline for scholarship consideration; final deadline for international applicants requiring a student visa.
- July 6, 2020: Final deadline for domestic applicants; candidates are strongly encouraged to apply well before the deadline.