MBA Admission Requirements
Minimum Qualifications for MBA Program
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited US institution or the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from a foreign institution
- At least two years of work experience (internships are acceptable)
- Take the GMAT or GRE
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS (required if you did not graduate from a US high school)
A completed application consists of the following, submitted online or mailed directly to Graduate Admissions, Loyola Marymount University, 1 LMU Drive, Suite 1840 Los Angeles, CA 90045:
- Application (hard copy mailed in or online form)
- $50 application fee
- Official GMAT score or GRE score (GMAT scores are sent to colleges/institutions within 20 days of your test date)
- Official TOEFL, IELTS or PTEA score (if attended high school outside the US)
- Official transcripts (two copies) from all colleges and universities attended
- Personal statement (should be two pages)
- Two confidential sealed letters of recommendation completed on the forms supplied
You are required to show evidence of college-level math (either business math or intermediate algebra) before you can enroll in quantitative MBA courses.
The average GPA of admitted applicants is 3.35, there is no required minimum.
Two years of work experience is required. Internships are acceptable. The average work experience of admitted applicants is four years. LMU also offers an Executive MBA program that requires 6+ years of managerial experience.
You must provide official sealed transcripts supplied by all schools you attended. This includes any coursework done at community colleges, junior colleges, extension programs, post-secondary schools and other institutions.
GMAT and GRE
The GMAT is never waived, for any reason. The average GMAT score is 596. Submit your highest GMAT score for consideration.
- You may take the GRE in place of the GMAT.
- You should have ETS send your score to LMU, Institution Code MSXXN25. Note: If you plan on attending LMU full-time use Institution Code MSXXN37.
- Send GRE score directly to LMU, GRE code is 4403
- GMAT scores are sent to colleges/institutions within 20 days of your test date
- The average GMAT score for students who enrolled last fall was 596, but LMU accepts a broad range, based on other application components.
You may defer your acceptance for a maximum of one year. After one year, you must reapply. Admission is not guaranteed at a later time.
The application deadline for Fall 2015 is July 31, 2015.
You will be redirected to Grad Division to start the online application process.