MBA Admission Requirements
Minimum Qualifications for MBA Program
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited US institution or the equivalent of a US bachelor’s degree from a foreign institution.
- At least two years of work experience (internships are acceptable)
- Take the GMAT or GRE
- Take the TOEFL or IELTS or PTEA (required if you did not graduate from a US high school)
A completed application consists of the following, submitted online or mailed directly to Graduate Admissions, Loyola Marymount University, 1 LMU Drive, Suite 1840 Los Angeles, CA 90045:
- application form (hard copy mailed in or online form)
- application fee of $50
- official GMAT score or GRE score (GMAT scores are sent to colleges/institutions within 20 days of your test date)
- official TOEFL, IELTS or PTEA score (if attended high school outside the US)
- official transcripts (two copies) from all colleges and universities attended
- personal statement (should be two pages)
- two confidential sealed letters of recommendation completed on the forms supplied
You are required to show evidence of college-level math (either business math or intermediate algebra) before you can enroll in quantitative MBA courses.
The average GPA of admitted applicants is 3.35, there is no required minimum.
2 years of work experience is required. (Internships are acceptable). The average work experience of admitted applicants is four years. LMU also offers an Executive MBA program that requires 6+ years of managerial experience.
We accept applications for the fall and spring semesters as well as summer sessions. Click here to access the academic calendar.
Our 2014 application deadlines are:
- July 26, 2014 (Fall 2014)
You must provide official sealed transcripts supplied by all schools you attended. This includes any coursework done at community colleges, junior colleges, extension programs, post-secondary schools and other institutions.
GMAT and GRE
The GMAT is never waived, for any reason. The average GMAT score is 596. Submit your highest GMAT score for consideration.
- You may substitute your GRE score.
- You should have ETS send your score to LMU, Institution Code MSXXN25. Note: If you plan on attending LMU full-time use Institution Code MSXXN37.
- Send GRE score directly to LMU, GRE code is 4403
- GMAT scores are sent to colleges/institutions within 20 days of your test date
- The average GMAT score for students who enrolled last fall was 596, but LMU accepts a broad range, based on other application components.
You may defer your acceptance for a maximum of one year. After one year, you must reapply. Admission is not guaranteed at a later time.
You will be redirected to Grad Division to start the online application process.