Graduate Management for Students
The Office of Graduate Career Management (GCM) is your on-campus resource for obtaining the knowledge, skills and professional contacts needed to succeed outside of the classroom. Even if you are fully employed and thrilled with your current job, our office offers a wealth of information and learning opportunities that will be immensely valuable to you throughout your professional life.
We encourage all MBA students to meet with us at least once during their first semester in the program. We provide:
- Personal Assessments: We provide tools to help you sharpen your career direction via CareerLeader, Strengths Finder, MBTI, and other proven methods.
- Professional Development Workshops: You will receive invitations to special workshops and one-on-one sessions to improve the tactical skills you need when looking for a new job. These skill-building sessions are designed to make sure you know what employers are looking for when they recruit MBAs. Topics include resume and cover letter writing, interview training, LinkedIn profile design, networking skills, and more.
- Employer Relations: As an MBA student, you can leverage a full suite of services connecting you to companies and their recruiters. GCM strives to enhance each student's job search via networking and recruiting events, through CareerLaunch job opportunities specifically targeted to MBAs, and by offering on-/off-campus interviewing.
- Career Advisement: These one-on-one meetings provide you with a forum to discuss any career-related topic. Not sure if marketing, finance, or consulting is the right avenue for you? Aren’t sure how best to position yourself for that dream job you found online? Need some coaching on how best to connect with a particular employer? We are here to help with these topics and more.
- Alumni Connections: You will meet successful LMU MBA graduates at companies ranging from startups to Fortune 500 organizations. The MBA Alumni Association provides mentoring and special events to help current students advance their careers and build a strong alumni network.
Tools & Resources
Registering for CareerLaunch enables you to sign up for events, upload resumes and cover letters for approval, and apply for jobs. All LMU MBA students and alumni can access the system. Contact GCM if you have any questions.
Career assessment tool designed for business students and professionals that analyzes a student's interests, skills and motivators, and matches them to specific career paths and cultures.
MBA Student Association (MBASA)
The MBASA is the official student association for the LMU MBA Program. Each year, the MBASA hosts a number of social, professional and philanthropic events for MBA students to network and get to know each other better.
The Office for International Students and Scholars (OISS) serves as a resource to the university by ensuring regulatory compliance. OISS provides programs and services that support international students' and scholars' social, educational and professional success, thereby, creating an engaged global community.
LionJobs is a way to link LMU students and alumni to internship and employment opportunities.