Designed for working professionals, the LMU MBA curriculum strengthens students' foundational business knowledge while providing expertise and skills in a chosen area of emphasis.
- The first year is structured as a cohort where you will complete the core courses.
- The second year offers more flexibility to focus on your selected area of emphasis and electives.
- Global study opportunities give you international experience and enhance your leadership skills.
Areas of Emphasis
Four courses in a chosen area of emphasis are required. Six areas of emphasis are offered:
- Human Resources/Organizational Behavior
- Information Technology
- International Business
Orientation Residential and Skills Workshops
Each cohort class starts the program with an orientation residential that prepare MBA candidates for successful completion of the program. The residential includes team building, a self-assessment, a case analysis and an introduction to the core curriculum. There are several Saturday workshops that focus on key business skills such as written and verbal communications, career development, ethical reasoning, critical thinking and leadership.
Core MBA Courses
Nine core courses must be completed in the MBA program to help build a strong business foundation:
- Managing People and Organizations
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Global Economic Structures and Systems
- Managing Markets and Customer Relationships
- Managing Operations
- Strategic Management
- Managing Financial Resources
- Data, Models and Decisions
- Managing Information Systems
A variety of courses are offered each semester to enhance knowledge base and deepen business acumen. MBA students have the opportunity to choose electives outside of their emphasis and customize their course selection. A sample of electives includes Advertising and Promotions Management, Environmental Strategy, Information Technogy Security, and Real Estate Investments.
Need more info? Attend an information session.